Friday, January 25, 2013

Eternal Dragon in progress



Pencil sketch of a spiky ouroboros. Fairly large, maybe 11 inches across. Drew this last night while sipping some bushmills. The paper is thick water-color paper that i stained a few days ago. made some "tea" out of turmeric then brushed it onto several sheets of this paper. once it was semi-dry i threw some rooibos and coffee splatters on it and let it dry in the dirt. The next morning I cleaned them off and pressed them flat underneath some heavy books. Turned out pretty cool. I did run this picture through a few filters before I posted it. It's a way of watermarking my pics. Most of the stuff I put online I'll crank the saturation or contrast a bit or run it through an olde tyme filter. Keeps people from making exact copies of my originals or prints.

Here's an unedited pic to give you a better idea of the color and size.



I'll most likely finish this one in the next day or two. Once I clean this up a bit I'll proceed to shading it in with some charcoal and possibly white chalk for some highlights. I'll post a pic/scan once it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment